Fellow Scouters, Cub Scouts and Scout Parent,
If you are new to Pack 16, welcome to our Pack! If you are a returning parent, welcome back for another year of scouting fun and adventure! The attached information will help answer many questions about Cub Scouting in general and Pack 16 in particular. This information will make you an informed Scout Parent and help your son make the most of his Cub Scouting experience. I ask that you please take 5 minutes to carefully read this information, even if you are veteran of the Pack.
As we had strong popcorn sales last year, the Pack registration fee will not be raised. As a reminder annual dues will be $88.00. There is an additional $12.00 charge for a subscription to Boys Life Magazine. Boys Life is not required but Highly Recommended. If you wish to include a subscription your son’s registration will then total $100.00.
If you are new to Pack 16, we have a special initiation rate of $125.00 which includes the following.
- Your son’s Class B shirt
- A subscription to Boys Life Magazine,
- Non Uniform Pack Patch
- Pack Unit Patch
- Pack Car Magnet
- Leather Uniform Totem
If your son is already a member of the Pack there is no need to fill out an application, simply return the required paperwork attached with appropriate payment by September 1, 2016. All checks should be made to “Pack 16”.
PLEASE SEND YOUR SONS ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP DUES TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS ASAP.
Mr. David Yung, 5 Northfield Court, Livingston NJ 07039
PLEASE ALSO MAKE SURE TO DENOTE WHAT DEN RANK YOUR SON WILL BE THIS COMING YEAR.
Grade 1 Tiger, Grade 2 Wolf, Grade 3 Bear, Grade 4 Webelos, Grade 5 Arrow of Light
- Periodically your Den leaders or I will send important information via email. I know everyone is busy but it is important that you take a moment to carefully read all correspondences so that you are informed. Failure to do this will only result in confusion, delay, disappointment and frustration. Not to mention the additional work it will inevitably cause the leadership team. Keep in mind, all adult leaders are volunteers and work outside of their involvement in scouting. Please be respectful of their time and dedication.
- You will receive a weekly communication entitled “HOWLS FROM THE PACK”. This email blast is our main vehicle of communication and includes all pertinent information for upcoming activities etc. PLEASE DO NOT DELETE BEFORE READING! Failure to read and comprehend all information may cause you to miss key activities etc.
- We have an Emergency Alert System in place to ensure that all members of the Pack are quickly and easily reached with critical information in a short time span. The Alert goes out in the form of a text. The Pack leadership uses this system sparingly and is usually associated with last minute event cancelations due to weather issues etc. If you are not yet signed up, please ask your Den leader to help immediately.
- Hopefully you have found value in and continue to visit and use our Packs Web-Site livingstonpack16.org. It is our intent to continue using this site as a convenient form of communication to you. Our plan is to keep it current with information regarding Den Schedules, Pack Schedules, Upcoming Events and Event Pictures. Please visit the site regularly.
- The Annual Pack Calendar is included with this packet, Please keep in mind that on occasion dates change and events are added. Please pay attention and read all announcements and check the website regularly. Den schedules will be published by your Den Leaders as soon as they get approval on meeting room space.
- For the 5th year in a row, the Leadership Team and Pack Committee are very proud of having achieved the Gold Level in the “Journey to Excellence”. We are confident that the program put in place this year will once again allow us to maintain this high level of Unit Quality and recognition.
Please get involved and help all of our boys to have fun while learning. We are always looking for volunteers, uniformed and not, to help make this a successful program We have several open positions that are critical to our continued success. If interested, and you should be, please ask me or your Den Leader for more information.
As always we will “Do Our Best” to deliver a world class program and expect the same from each of you and you’re Scout(s).
Let’s have A GREAT YEAR WORKING TOGETHER!
Yours in the Fellowship of Scouting
Michael Smith (Cubmaster)